Hi! This week I'm going to show you how to make this happy triangle birdy bean bag! He looks happy to be perched on my chair.
You will need:
- Bird coloured felt.
- Beak coloured felt.
- Fancy patterned fabric for the tail and wings.
- Needle and pins.
- Plastic bean bag beans, rice will do just as well but don't get your birdy wet!
Check the GETTING STARTED post if you aren't sure how to sew.
- Cut the bird body felt in to a long rectangle, when you fold it in half it should roughly be a square.
- Pin it in half like in the picture below.
- Sew up the side opposite the fold with overstitch.
- Open the body out in to a tube and squash it flat so that the seam faces up, pin it flat.
- Sew up another edge of the body.
- Open up the other end of the body like in the picture below.
- Sew up HALF of this edge.
- Fill the body through the hole you have left with the beans or rice.
- Carefully sew up the hole.
- Cut out three triangles for the tail. One large, one medium and one small.
- Layer the tail triangles on top of each other top points together.
- Sew them on to the bottom corner of your bird.
- Cut out two wing shapes.
- Cut slits in them so that they look feathery.
- Sew these wings on to the bird by going through the bird's body with the needle and thread like in the picture below.
- Cut out a diamond shape from your beak felt.
- Fold the diamond in half and pin it to your bird's face where you want it to go.
- Sew it on at the fold with small stitches.
- Sew eyes on by doing lots of stitches through his head like in the picture below.
You're done! Woo!
You could make two more and use them as juggling balls!