Tuesday 26 July 2011

Sewing Tuesday: Hopper's Bait Bag.

Hi folks!
This week I'm going to show you how to make this Puppy Bait Bag. It's to keep all of Hopper's treats in for when we're out and about. When he's a good boy he gets a treat!
I made it out of an old pair of jeans. You could use it to keep anything in if you don't have a puppy to treat. :)



You will need:

  • An old pair of jeans, make sure it's an OLD pair that nobody wants!
  • Scissors.
  • Thread.
  • A needle.
  • A plastic bag to put inside in case you want to take some soggy treats like cheese or hot dog!




Step 1.
Cut around one of the pockets on the back of the jeans. You should have just the pocket part now like below. It should still be a pocket though, don't separate the layers.


Step 2. 
Cut the waistband off the jeans. There might be a few tough bits so get someone strong to help if you need to.


It should look like this:


Here's Hopper chewing a carrot. He's so FLUFFY!


Step 3.
I sewed on some of the belt loops from the jeans as I thought it would be good to have the pocket so that I could move it around. It actually turned out to be annoying as I couldn't get in to the pocket quickly enough to get the treat. You could do yours with the belt loops if you don't need to get in to the pocket lightning fast!


Here's how it looks with the belt loops sewn on. Thread the waistband through like below.


I stitched the waistband to the back layer of the pocket in the end as I need to get at the treats in a hurry and I kept missing the bag and putting my hand between the waistband and the pocket instead, how annoying. Hopper needs to get his treat quickly after I say 'yes' to him or he doesn't understand why he is getting it! 


Here's mine finished. Now let's go to the pet shop and fill it with treats! Yay!


See you next week! Share your creations here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sewingtuesday/

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I can see this doubling as a purse at the amusement park. With some velcro for the closure it would be secure for your lip gloss and money, and leave hands free to hang onto the rides!

    (Hopper is adorable and is one lucky dog :-)

    ReplyDelete